MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2 Person Tent


MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2 Person Tent
I've been surviving pretty well with a 1 person tent and a 3 person, but have had my eye on a 2 person for quite a while. After doing lots of reading of reviews and asking fellow backpackers, I decided to take the plunge and purchase the MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2. We've had it out a few times and I have to say I'm really happy with it. It's pretty easy to set up, although not as easy as some I've had. The color coded poles and clips make it easy to figure out, even without instructions on the first try. 
It's very lightweight and appears to be very durable. I've always used it with the NX-2 footprint and so far, not a puncture in sight, even when deployed in not-so tent friendly areas. 
I like that it's tall enough to sit up in and has very comfortable space inside. The vestibule is very handy. I've always used it with the fly on. It's 2lbs 2 ounces without the fly and 3lbs 7 ounces with everything.  It almost weighs the same as my 1 person REI passage tent and has twice the space! I used the footprint from my REI tent for the vestibule area and it really cuts down on dirt inside the tent while adding hardly any weight. There is enough room in the stuff sack for a little extra, so the extra footprint fits just fine. 

We had to set this tent up in an area with lots of sticks, rocks and brush. We cleared the area pretty well, but I'm sure it was sitting on sticks and twigs. Held up just fine. The dual door design is a great feature I really like as well. 
This tent is pretty consistently sold for $399 on most websites. 
Click HERE to see it on Cascade Designs. 


I also purchased the gear loft - a gadget for my tent! I've yet to use it, but am sure this will be a great place to stow a few things in the tent. I'll write a review after I get a chance to really test it out. Am curious to see if it pulls on the tent at all. 

Comments